LET YOUR PROPERTY WITH CONFIDENCE !
As an ARLA licensed agent (Association of Residential Letting Agents) which is the benchmark recognised by major institutions, we are bound by a strict code of practice.
The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) is the only professional body which is solely concerned with the self-regulation of letting agents, and since 1981 has been actively promoting the highest standards across every aspect of residential lettings and management in the Private Rented Sector.
ARLA is viewed by government, consumer groups, academics, think tanks and the media as the leading voice in the industry. ARLA members are seen as being at the forefront of the Private Rented Sector, ready, willing and able to comply with existing and anticipated government legislation. ARLA members successfully create, on average, over a quarter of a million new tenancies a year as well as arranging the renewal or extension of thousands more of existing tenancies every month.
What does this mean?
ARLA leads the industry in setting and regulating the highest standards within the industry and demands a certain level of professionalism and commitment to customer service from its membership.
Members are required to work within a robust Code of Practice, which covers the key stages in letting and managing a property. There are comprehensive membership byelaws which include the compliance with issues, such as, the handling and accounting for clients' money; the mandatory ARLA client money protection scheme; professional indemnity insurance; dealing with complaints and disciplinary procedures.
Members are also required to employ a minimum of at least one member of staff, in any office, who holds a suitable industry qualification, recognised by the association.
Members are kept up to date with changes in legislation and provides wide-ranging training and guidance to help members understand and interpret all aspects of letting and managing a property. Make sure you search for a regulated ARLA letting agent when searching for your next rental home.
In order to attract the right tenants, it is vital
that your property is presented, let and managed
in a totally professional way.
With Harris and Company, you can expect:
• Reliable tenancy. We use Homelet to provide comprehensive credit referencing;
• Regular inspections ensuring that the tenancy is being conducted satisfactorily;
• Clear terms of business with no hidden charges;
• Tenants' deposits administered in the TDS* scheme;
• Comprehensive tenancy agreements;
• Professional inventories. Check in and check out;
• Expert advice from a qualified member of our team;
• Optional full management service, including overseas;
• Compliance with Gas Safety Regulations 1998, Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994, Landlords Electrical safety guide issued by Electrical Safety Council and Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988;
• You will be regularly updated in respect of new legislations/news throughout your tenancy.
*The TDS scheme is only available to ARLA members which allows us to retain deposits in a separate ring fenced account thus safeguarding your interests. www.tds.gb.com